I got this recipe for homemade flautas from my mother-in-law. It is a tradition to serve them at our Christmas Eve Mexican feast. Like I said before, we love Mexican food, so this is one of my favorite traditions!!!
1. Cook a roast overnight with onion, salt, and pepper. Shred
2. Add sliced green onions, diced celery, minced garlic, and shredded cheese. Add as much of each to your taste and also depending on the size of roast you cooked.
3. Warm a stack of corn tortillas in a tortilla warmer in the microwave for about 90 seconds.
4. Place about 2 T. of meat mixture in tortilla and roll up. Secure with a toothpick.
5. You can either cook them in oil at this point in a deep skillet or bake them at 425 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
6. Serve with guacamole, sour cream, and salsa!