Hi everyone! My name is Kiki from Kiki Creates and I am so excited to be here for the July Jamboree. I LOVE Tam's blog and feel right at home here as I was a contestant in Season 2 of Crafting with the Stars. Let me just tell you a little bit about myself before I get to my project.
I am a mother to 3 beautiful kids and a wife to one awesome husband. They keep me sane, cheer me on when I get down, but most of all are they are my biggest sources of inspiration. Kiki Creates is a little place in blogland filled with tutorials, free printables and the inspiration where it all comes from. I hope you will find your way over after this fun and quick tutorial!
When I was thinking of what I wanted to share, of course I was so excited for Tam and her newest addition, so I chose the baby theme. When I go to see my friends babies for the first time, I love to take a little something for them. Most of the time I have already given them a gift at a baby shower, so this is just a little something to brighten their day. And since boys are sort of hard to shop for (for little things), I thought I'd do a gift for them.
Today we will make the:If I could put an emphasis on a word in that title it is definitely QUICK! Here is a quick rundown.
To start out you will need:
11"x6" piece of fabric2"x4" piece of fabric
hot glue gun
clip on earrings clip (found at craft stores)
little piece of felt
and here we go...
1- fold you big piece of fabric in half (the long way) and sew right sides together. Sew one end shut and then pull the right side out. Fold unfinished side in and sew shut (just right on top of the fabric. Iron the piece flat. Take the little piece of fabric with you and iron down the small sides 1/2" and then fold the piece in thirds long way and iron. You will now have a small piece that is 1"x 2 1/2-3" long
2- take big piece of fabric and fold in one side and glue.
3. Fold other side in and glue. (you will notice that this side overlaps over the outside, I will show you how to fix this in the next step.
4. As you glue the second side down, make sure the sides do not overlap the outer edge...I just hot glue the end and then sort of scruch those sides down (like in the picture)
5. Turn bowtie over and pinch the middle in and glue (do not let the glue show..you don't need too much. Now you will take your small piece and lay it over the front of the bowtie. Put a little glue on the backside in the middle and secure one the ends down. then a little bit of glue on the other end of the small piece and pull it around and secure.
6. Get out your clip on pieces.
7. The ones I bought had a little extra piece of metal on it, I simple cut it off and laid it flat.
8. Glue back of clip on down on the back side of the tie.
9. place a little felt and glue it down as well (so it looks finished).
10. You are done! The more you make, the faster they will go.
2. Next, I took a piece of kraft paper and sewed it along the edges and over the top of the ties. I downloaded these sweet little bag toppers and added one on top.
3. Now it's all ready to give to any "Handsome Little Devil" you come across.To download the bag toppers, go HERE.
Thanks so much, Tam, for having me. Hope these days with your little boy (and all of your other kiddos) are happy and rest-filled.