After I had my second baby, I found a new love. If you’ve been reading my blog for a while, you read my personal story about it HERE. It saved me from losing my mind. I realized that I needed to make time for “me”, and this was the perfect fit for that. It gave me a feeling of accomplishment, of working hard, and achieving a goal. It helped me become a better wife and mother because I was happier. What is this great new love?
If you’ve been reading my blog for even longer than that, then you read HERE that last year I did my first IronMan (with my brother who is in the picture with me).
Well it’s been a year since my last race and I’ve been itching all summer to do one. However being pregnant and having a baby sort of prevents that for me….or maybe not.
I signed up for Triathamom. The race is going to be on September 24, 2011 in Herriman, Utah.
Triathamom is a non-competitive, women only triathlon. Since I still have a few weeks before I get my doctor’s clearance to start working out, this is right up my alley.
300 meter pool swim * 12 mile bike * 5K run
Maybe you’ve thought of doing a triathlon, but have been intimidated for one reason or another. Then this is the triathlon for you. Let me hit some big, key points why:
- Women only. A bunch of moms just doing something for fun.
- It’s non-competitive! It’s “JUST FOR FUN”.
- You don’t have to do all three events unless you want to. For example, if you don’t want to swim you can sign up to do the bike and run only.
- You can listen to music on the run. (In most triathlons this isn’t allowed). Music is a HUGE motivator for me while running so I’m so excited about this!
- It’ll be a family-friendly event. There will be a Carnival Style Cheering Section with a ‘sign making station’, a ‘triathlon treasure hunt’, foot races, popcorn, cotton candy, and everything to keep them entertained while you (and your friends) race.
I’m going to do it (with my muffin top postpartum body) and I plan on helping you out any way I can, so you do it as well. From training programs, to transition setup, whatever your questions, please ask away!
If I haven’t convinced you to do it yet, let me give you another incentive, how about a FREE ENTRY? Because that’s what I get to give one of you. We are going to keep it simple, just leave me a comment on this post why you want the free entry. You have until Sunday, August 7th @ 8 pm MST to leave me a comment.
I realize not everyone can win the FREE ENTRY, so how about a discount instead? Use promo code ‘SEWDANGCUTE’ when you register here, and you’ll get $5 off your entry fee.
I hope many of you will enter. It would be so fun to meet you and do this race together. There is nothing quite like the camaraderie of doing triathlons. I seriously love the people who do these races and always have so much fun making new friends and cheering each other on.
Hope to see you there and please let me know if I can help you accomplish this goal!